Stir fry is one the the most popular cooking method in Sichuan. Here are the tips to a wonderful stir fry.
- Chop the food material, prepare the ingredients before you turn the stove on.
- Always heat the wok for a couple of minutes before pouring oil. Make sure the surface of the wok is completely dry.
- Heat the oil to a temperature high enough. The oil temperature is critical for food taste. Make sure you know what temperature is the optimal for the food you cook.
- Add the meat first. Then add the vegetables after the meat is 80% done. So you won’t overcook the vegetables.
- Use a good spatula to stir the food regularly.
- Use a little starch. It helps the taste, and makes food prettier.
Enjoy your stir-fry!